Are you the person we’re looking for? You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years professional experience in construction detailing
- Have 2+ years of experience in Revit
- Have 2+ years of experience with CSI specifications
- Have 2+ years of experience with NYS building code and zoning concepts
- Have a solid and demonstrable understanding of universal design concepts
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Are self-motivated, detail-orientated, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Here’s what you’d be working on:
- Developing construction details and construction documents in Revit
- Completing existing conditions and surveys
- Developing project specifications and materials/product selections
- Coordinating with consultants during design phases
- Assisting with construction administration of projects
- Limited routine office tasks and general assistance to the Principal
When and where you’ll be working:
This is a full-time position with a target start date of September 2016. You’ll be working 40 hours each week Monday-Friday with a semi-flexible schedule. Core firm hours are each day from 10am until 3pm. After that, when you work will be up to you (unless there are meetings or other special commitments that must be met, all of which you will be able to have input on). So, you are welcome to work a 7am-3pm schedule, or if suits you better, you could work a 10am-6pm schedule.
The location is downtown Ithaca in the Henry Saint John Building, just a few blocks from the Ithaca Commons. There’s plenty of free parking and there is a small park at the building (which was formerly an elementary school). The office environment is semi-open and generally quiet. You’re welcome to use the office conference room to take a break or eat your lunch, when the room is not in use.
Who you’ll be working with:
Our team is small but growing; you’ll be working with our architects Jason and Brian, and our draftspeople Ed, Noy, and Jace. We’re a small group that gets along well. We tend to attract hard-workers here, so we have a good culture of accountability and teamwork. People here do what they say they will; you won’t have to nag anyone.
You’ll also be working occasional with our consultants, vendors, and clients. We attract a lot of clients and businesses who think like we do – creatively, strategically, and with open minds. We have a lot of fun working with the various project teams we get involved with.
Pay rate is between $35,000 and $40,000, depending on your experience.
Please apply through Indeed.com by submitting your cover letter and your resume. We will be accepting applications through August 12th.
Please note: While this position is for a regular employee, we can consider hiring an independent contractor who has their own licensed copy of Revit and carries their own commercial liability insurance policy. An independent contractor would still need to be working in our physical office and would need to be able to meet the legal criteria for an independent contractor.